Thanksgiving is coming up next week! Can you believe it? Neither can I!
If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner, it can be an expensive affair. I know I usually spend between $70-$100 on food when I host. Well, Walmart challenged me to buy a Thanksgiving dinner for under $40. I was skeptical. But I grabbed my Walmart gift card and hit the store. Here’s what I got.
Lynnae’s Thanksgiving Dinner for Under $40
- Turkey – $10.95
- 10 lbs. Potatoes – $2.47
- Franz Rolls $1.68
- 2 boxes Great Value Turkey Stuffing – $2.00
- 2 packets Great Value Turkey Gravy – $1.48
- 2 cans Great Value Cranberry Sauce – $1.86
- 2 cans Great Value Green Beans – $1.36
- 2 cans Great Value Corn – $1.36
- 2 cans Cut Yams – $3.24
- Mini Marshmallows – $1.00
- Sparkling Cider – $2.88
- Welch’s Sparkling Grape Juice – $2.97
- Oregon Bottle Deposit for the Grape Juice – $.05
- Sara Lee Pumpkin Pie – $3.00
- Sara Lee Dutch Apple Pie – $3.00
The grand total for my Thanksgiving dinner was $39.30. Not bad! I didn’t think I could buy an entire Thanksgiving dinner for under $40, but I was wrong. It can be done!
*Disclosure: I am a Walmart Mom. This post is sponsored by Walmart. Walmart has provided me with product and compensation in exchange for my time and efforts in creating this post. My participation is voluntary. As always my opinion is my own.